Monday 15 June 2020

Mounted Arabic Crossbowmen and lots of other stuff....

Seem to have been busy again, but I have a week off...originally planned as a holiday in wales but instead spending it at home in the Lake District. Blogger seems to have messed up how I load photos ? But my BlogTouch app still seems ok. Anyway a mixed bag before I blog up a recent virtual fantasy battle from the other evening.

First up some Al Andalus mounted crossbowmen, these are the first Artizan figures to join my AA collection, they are lovely solid casts, not too complex, very like Crusader miniatures, they do a good range and I already have a unit of infantry somewhere to paint.
They are based so I can use them either as a small unit or in Lion Rampant games as shown above
Having completed pretty much all the RCW figures I had, I obviously ordered some more. All infantry and a mix of Reds and Whites
Can’t remember if I had blogged this previously but picked it up off eBay a while ago for Sealion games. Maidstone is close enough to find itself in SE Kent, I have given it some dirt and decided the very white lower sections needed to be darker. Apparently this is wrong as they were white around the base for the blackout but it just looked wrong
I also painted up these wall sections which I picked up at a show second hand if anybody knows who makes them I might pick up a bit more as it is lovely characterful terrain. Very simple paint job with some red/brown paint
I had this picket fence but rarely used it because it wasn’t on proper bases so I got this fixed with a view to the AWI
Some signs I made a few weeks ago for RCW got quickly painted up as well, so I feel quite productive, following Norms suggestion I am looking at what next I could buy to support all the non shows happening.

...and I have been doing some more walking, I won’t blog every trip as I plan to use this week to get active, but the weather has been really nice for the last few days.
Brotherswater 
Little Hart Crag looking NE
Even managed to get Mrs Dungeon out this morning..........👍

Take care all 😀


23 comments:

  1. Very productive Matt. The walls look like Hovels style to me. As ever, the landscape photos raise my spirits, especially as it's raining here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David....they are certainly hovel style made of solid resin and they are nice quality but can’t see them on the heels site ? The trouble with getting stuff cheap at b&b however I have enough for a garden or small orchard etc.... so if I don’t get an6 more they will still get some usage. Your rain has landed up here but dry in the morning I hope

      Delete
    2. Look in the 15mm/20mm section for High Walls?

      Delete
    3. Checked it out they are very similar, a good spot, but these come with the moulded base. It’s not a problem as I said I have enough a.though a matching gate would be nice

      Delete
  2. The Artizan figures are nice and you have painted them well. I agree that Artizan and Crusader have very similar sculpting styles.

    Once again, beautiful photos of your regional wonders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan you may get to see a few more as they have a good range...

      Delete
    2. Great! I have some of both in my Reconquista project too. Really great figures and still many more to paint. The infantry fit in with my predominantly BTD infantry but the cavalry are sorely undersized with the HUGE BTD cav.

      Delete
    3. As you know I have plenty of the BTD infantry but no cav I can think of, mine mainly being GB. I do keep pondering buying some more camels ? One day

      Delete
  3. Really nice job on those crossbow men and Ura! Ura! For more RCW.
    Great outdoor shots, most welcome as our trip up for Phoenix is curtailed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil I hope we do get a show sometime this year I am missing them more than expected

      Delete
  4. Nice job on the cav but I especially like white picket fence. Perfect for the AWI.
    Some nice scenery you got there. Sorry the vacation was cancelled but hopefully you’ll still enjoy the time off. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks stew I think AWI really needs some picket fence.

      Delete
  5. Those Artizan figures are lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neil they are robust and easy to paint 👍

      Delete
  6. Cracking post Matt, those crossbowmen are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael....just catching up on those bits which are keeping me busy

      Delete
  7. Great job Matt, nice to see you made use of the time...
    Crossbow men look great.
    It's not only me then that has been having problems with Blogger.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu yes I suspect many will be troubled by the changes it is just the photo loading which seems to be a struggle at the moment ?

      Delete
  8. Lovely looking mounted crossbow men! I always like your RCW stuff so good to see reinforcements and the bus,walls and fences are ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb mounted crossbowmen, excellent job on them, and I do like the signs and the bus...and congrats for the Brotherswater's pictures, splendid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Phil, at least I am keeping busy and getting through my projects 👍

      Delete