Monday 20 July 2020

Characters :RCW

Have been working on several units over the weekend as well as another virtual game. But finished these as a priority as I have needed some RCW standards for a while. I have tried several sources but not found what I wanted commercially so in the end opted for internet and self printing. They haven’t come out too bad .
This guy is from the White Russians in Chinese service set I just didn’t give him white socks
This chap will be playing from now on as a Cossack, the flag is I believe a rough approximation of the Terek Cossack Banner, it isn’t so shiny in real life that is just my poor photograph ☹️
In my last Copplestone order I picked up the female ‘Reds’ and here the first full of revolutionary zeal, we will have some special rules when she gets to the front line
Finally as well as cycling a bit each week I mashed another walk on Sunday...which stayed dry an atmospheric shot looking south from the northern fells.

More stuff on the way and still a couple of games to blog KBO 😀

28 comments:

  1. Wonderful flags and miniatures, well done Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THese figs look great. Enjoyed the game Sat, nice to win. I ordered the rules from Amazon at midnight Saturday and they arrived Sun afternoon. Off to play test tonight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your latest additions to your RCW project are super, Matt. Neat photo of your hilly view with storm clouds brewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, not an uncommon cloud sky for northern England

      Delete
  4. Fine additions to the collection Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, you may notice one of the figures was from you 👍 he just has a bigger flag now

      Delete
  5. Flags! Characterful figures! Landscape inspiration! What a splendid blog post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as big as some of those AWI flags mind !

      Delete
  6. Wonderful stuff Matt, they will add a splash of colour to the table.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart, the photos of the period are of course all black and white yet the sense is it was quite a colourful period

      Delete
  7. Nice flags, the red singer looks great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain my worry with printing at home is the colours all running but this didn’t happen ? I hadn’t thought about her as a singer, presumably a stirring revolutionary anthem to get the Reds motivated !

      Delete
  8. Everything looks great! I think the flags are perfectly nice. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely toys Matt...
    And scenery...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Matt, for whatever reason, your latest post on the Sagrajas Battle report is not showing. it is in my reading list, but clicking gives me an empty page. Harry Potter mysteries of the internet. Norm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Norm I pressed the publish button by mistake before I had entered anything then deleted immediately and am still working on it you must be able to see it somehow ?

      Delete
    2. I got the same thing. Came here expecting new fabulousness and only got old fabulousness. Lol. 😀

      Delete
    3. Hopefully will get the battle up soon 🙂

      Delete
  11. Cool looking figures and flags, Matt. Russian in Chinese service? Wow, I must read up on this period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean.....I am only just getting to grips with the period there was a lot going on at this time

      Delete