Wednesday 30 September 2020

3rd Virginia Regiment : AWI

 I had just enough of these patriots in hunting shirt to make a small unit, these were second hand as Part of the big job lot back in February (at York show which I believe they have postponed for Covid reasons) this is sad as it is a show I look forward to and kicks the year off hunting for bargains. Anyway no point worrying about that. They are painted up as sort of the 3rdVirginia in their hunting shirts with blue trousers. But as usual I’m not sure they have picked up the correct standard but no point worrying about that either. 

They have two standards as there were two standard bearers but I thought worst case the command stand with only three figures can play as a brigade commander or some such. They are all Foundry figures I think although some might be later Perry’s. I actually painted quite a bit of variation in their hunting shirts but this unfortunately doesn’t show in the picture. I have prepped and under coated the next unit but haven’t yet decided what they are going to be ? 

Thanks for looking 😀




10 comments:

  1. I've always liked the patriots in hunting shirt. A very practical outfit. Fine brushwork, Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking unit Matt and I too like the hunting shirt look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are all Perry Miniatures as none in hunting shirts on Foundry site. Very well turned out though Matt! No bronze either!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking Colonials, Matt! I've always liked the hunting shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good looking sculpts nice second hand pick up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid looking bunch of rebels!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete