Wednesday 2 September 2020

Austrian Grenzers : Seven Years War

Next up I thought I would add some Austrians for the SYW project. They come from Pendraken in packs of 30 like the rest of their infantry but as light troops I felt they should be less regimented in their appearance. So they have been spread out 10 to a base.

These represent the Karlstadter-Lykaner and Banal Regiments, no flags as it says they probably didn’t carry them in the field ? I understand they could also form into more standard infantry formations so I might paint some And base them in line formation.

20 comments:

  1. Nice job, Matt! I like your irregular-looking, skirmish basing for these grenz. I did what you are suggesting for my grenz. I made two units: one in line formation and a second skirmishing. Since there are never scores of grenz battalions on the field, painting duplicates was not too much extra work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, I’ll have to check out if Pendraken make Grenz in line formation or something that would work ?

      Delete
  2. they certainly look the part Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks... back to some regular infantry now πŸ™‚

      Delete
  4. lovely. they were so good that the Prussians had to get jagers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what I have a pack of them too in the pile πŸ‘

      Delete
  5. Great looking tiny grenzers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking Grenzers, Matt. I love their uniform, particularly their headgear.

    ReplyDelete