Sunday 14 November 2021

18th Century Dragoons and Infantry , Battleground Show Stockton

Not sure why but I seem to have fallen into painting both SYW and AWI figures at the same time. Mind you I was doing early war tanks a couple of weeks ago. Anyway a couple of units completed in the last week or so. Some small some larger…..

A third unit of Prussian Dragoons, really the only notable thing about them is I painted 16 rather than the normal 15 and didn’t even notice but six fit on a base as well as five 
With our next AWI battle scheduled for this evening (depending on the NW American storms?) I needed to crack on with a few more hessians this regiment is a bit of a polyglot but they look ok and will be playing as various units anyway. The flags from GMB really are nice so I want to get some more from them in the future.
I am attending the Battleground Show in NE England next weekend putting on a small Demo/Participation game. This is focussed around the various raids by Vikings into Al Andalus between about 800 and 1100 
Really it is a chance to get a quick and fun game on the table using lion Rampant rules
It coincided with me seeing this new supplement so I ordered a copy which gives it some nice context.

If you are a follower of the blog and visiting Battleground at Stockton do come over and say hello, I’ll either be 
playing or perhaps shopping ?

KBO Matt πŸ‘


28 comments:

  1. A nice mix of stuff on the go Matt and I'm tempted by the 'A Viking in the Sun' supplement. I've just seen the a 2nd edition of 'Lion Rampant' will be released (next year?) so may wait for this instead. Good luck with the show and just wish a lived a bit closer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve I have only gone through the supplement quickly so am not a really good judge. Rather than rules it gives more background and historical context. It looks might be an interesting read regardless of the rules etc….not sure now different the 2nd edition will be ? Am not sure why it needs updating other than for commercial purposes ?

      Delete
  2. Nice diddy folk! Good luck with the game next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More fine work off your painting desk! The lights are still on in the Pacific NW and so is the game! Perhaps I can give your new Hessians a taste of Rebel musketry.

    Have fun at the show next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps a power cut might have helped ?πŸ˜€

      Delete
  4. Will be attending Battleground and definitely want to play

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, will you be demoing Test of Resolve too?

      Delete
    2. Hopefully catch up David at the show and yes you are welcome to roll some dice πŸ‘

      Delete
  5. Nice little people and Hessians Matt…
    The flags are rather splendid…
    I’ve just got my copy of Viking in the sun… it looks pretty good at first glance…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly putting aside the rules the book seems to give some interesting historical context for fighting Vikings and similar against Arabs which is why I am interested πŸ‘

      Delete
  6. Great looking Hessians, a nice addition to the growing forces for the america's.... Cheers Stu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work, and GMB flags really complete a unit nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks yes for my new project I might have to fork out the extra cash which I hate πŸ€”

      Delete
  8. Your 18th C stuff is steaming along, rather nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil keeping ticking over more troops means bigger battles πŸ‘

      Delete
  9. The show's a bit too far north for me and I spent all my dosh at Salute! Love those Hessian's btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray , it is a long way north but it makes a good place to spend some pre Christmas money πŸ‘

      Delete
  10. Still trying to get a lift to Stockton, bit doubtful atm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you make come over to say hi πŸ˜€

      Delete
  11. Nice stuff, the paintwork is up to your usual standard, the Viking game looks interesting!
    πŸ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete