Sunday 16 April 2023

43rd Monmouthshire Light Infantry

No game in the last few days and some busy family stuff, but I have been getting on with the painting. I mentioned a few posts ago the fuss putting together the Victrix Napoleonic Infantry. I had also been sainting for the correct flag to arrive. But they were finished a few days ago.

43rd Monmouthshire Light Infantry
A very popular regiment I’m sure for Napoleonic Peninsular British armies after all who doesn’t want to represent the light Division. They have come out pretty well and certainly my gaming standard. I have used the Victrix flank company which are pretty close, the only real gaff being the plate on the stovepipe hats. For a few brief seconds I considered scrapping them off but thought better of it 🙂. I have the second Victrix unit already built who will muster out as the 52nd.

I also thought as a motivation boost I would get the British out to see where I am upto. Here they are…
I can almost squeeze 3 small brigades now. This week I am focussing on French so they don’t get left behind, but with an eBay purchase that won’t be a problem. My plan for both armies is to get to 3 respectable brigades and then focus on Officers, artillery and cavalry.

There is hope that we will see Peninsular gaming this year at least 😀

Thanks for checking in 

Matt



13 comments:

  1. They look wonderful Matt! The Light Division is one of the few Nappies units that interests me, but way down the line on my list of things to do though. For my games I find 3 Brigades plus supporting elements pretty much ticks all the boxes for me, so look forward to seeing your finished force:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grand progress Matt, I find three brigades just right on a 6 x 4 table for Black Powder games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guilty as charged - I have the 43rd and 52nd, plus various riflemen - and just satisfy my partisan parochialism, I have the 71st Highland Light infantry too, as well as the 90th in Tarleton helmets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The British are coming along nicely Matt, though I can't warm to plastic figures and the occasional strange pose which results inevitably. I'm sure you will soon have enough for a game at your rate of production.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 43rd looks terrific! I agree that having three brigades is a good foundation for many a game. As for the 43rd being popular, I have this regiment in 25mm and 28mm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking stuff. Get cracking with the french, I'm aim for similar sized Russians

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely job (and really nice flag / folding), this force is really coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work Matt, and what I assume is a GMB flag really tops them off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nice addition to your collection Matt…
    You are getting through these a a good old rate…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice Matt, good to see a project coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely looking unit, that era of Victrix design are painful to assemble but as I'm now painting the French counterparts, quite pleasant to paint, however it has taken six years to recover from the experience of building them, the contrast with the newer Perry plastic 1807-1814 figures couldn't be greater, a delight to assemble I've almost finished painting three units!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete