Tuesday 24 September 2024

45th Nottinghamshire (Sherwood Foresters) Regiment of Foot

I was away again this weekend so no game but in the background I have been painting up my next British Regiment for the Peninsular. So might ask how I chose which regiment to do next ? Basically I picked up the excellent value Victrix flag sheets early on in the project and the 45th were the next one down ๐Ÿ˜€

That said they were a pretty active regiment in the Peninsular fighting at many of the significant battles.
They are Warlord figures like the bulk of my British although I may be down to the last couple now, plastic with metal command figures. I chose the 6 man bases for these and split the flags so there is some flexibility. I’m planning if I get a chance to have a parade of the army as it has been a while and I’ve lost count of where I am upto. These will be closely followed by some more french who just need basing.

Other hobby news …..I have a pretty strict no new books policy as I don’t have the space, most of the books I get now are audio books which I find much more enjoyable. However, the rule can be broken when I find books which really are so special I can’t miss them, the bar is really quite high. A recent trip to the secondhand bookshop in town had two which made it over the bar.
Bicycles and war what’s not to love……
This was a little more expensive but I have never seen it before and is an absolute gem, basically it contains endless detail in map form on the Anglo Saxon England and wales.
Along with lots of background data, it includes maps of numerous campaigns which took place at the time a lot of detail and very accessible, perfect for planning and designing future dark age wargame adventures.

So it is ok to break the rules๐Ÿ˜€

That’s it for now hopefully a couple of games this week, and a bit more planning for our trip to the Ardennes in early October.

Thanks as always for popping by Matt


1 comment:

  1. You have done a really nice job on the latest British unit, Matt, those Warlord figures don't look at all bad!
    As for rules, they are made for breaking, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete