Friday 4 October 2024

Sixty nine ships of the line ?

Well something completely different. I have been listening to a book on the Napoleonic wars recently and there was a section on the naval aspects and of course Trafalgar. I remembered that languishing for probably 20 years I had some small scale 1:3000 ships. I had managed to paint a few at the time but my techniques especially my ability to paint quickly has improved massively so I dug them out and set to…after a few evening work here they all are. (Technically these are two more army parades !)

The Spanish / French fleet
The British Fleet.
The larger coloured flag denotes the class of the ship. They are a bit rough and ready but given their diminutive scale they are fairly effective. I can now game Trafalgar on a one to one scale ? I just need to find some suitable rules which are simple and elegant….and suggestions or experience would be welcome.
The sun came out yesterday and given the recent weather it was too good an opportunity to miss, so I popped out, sunny spells and breezy on the top of Bowscale Fell.

That’s it me now radio silence for a week as I head to the Ardennes, pictures to follow

Thanks for checking in..Matt


1 comment: