Thursday 22 January 2015

Dark age palisade

So here are the next few stages in the palisade, happy with the way it is/has gone. The posts themselves are from some very old place mats I had. I have then stuck them using no more nails on the bases supported by card. The hard bit was cutting the sticks which seemed to take ages. The embankment bit is simple quick drying plaster from a tube.  I have then painted a couple of coats in plain burnt umber and dry brushed with some lighter shades. I only have some grass to blend to the bases and of course a gate to make.





2 comments:

  1. Looking good Matt, can't wait to burn it down and pillage the contents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think Eadwulf should build a gate....and perhaps a watch tower ? But this will have to wait.

    ReplyDelete