Sunday 5 June 2016

Find the Halfling : Uruk hai

Back from Edinburgh and preparation for my demo game at the Pheonix Lakeland Wargame show on the 25th June continues. A bit of a slog but I have completed the Uruk hai. I had about 20 already painted but as I had bought some extra scouts I ended up repainting. Anyway they are not that hard to  paint.


I have given them a bit more brown than the very black in the film. This was probably the hardest task as there are 48 making four units. With just under three weeks I have stepped up the pace...but am reasonably on target. 

10 comments:

  1. That's some force you've assembled there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The game is using dragon rampant rules, so effectively four units which when I add in Lurtz is the full Saruman army.

      Delete
  2. Looking good I may well pop over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out their Facebook account if you are interested, no idea how successful it will be but quite a few traders are attending. Would be good to catch up........now back to terrain😀

      Delete
  3. Looking good! Have always been tempted by the LotR stuff...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is excellent........but with GW foolishly stopping making it is becoming increasingly expensive. You can still get a few bargains on eBay.

      Delete
  4. They will take some stopping, bows at the ready :-)
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The participation game is using dragon rampant so this lot are up against the eight remaining characters in the fellowship. In play testing it has been fairly even though.

      Delete
  5. Painting up a few LotR items myself, hopefully we can get a battle or three in over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep.....l have quite I lot of scouts 😀

      Delete