Saturday 18 December 2021

Painting progress 2nd New Hampshire, Saracens and German Paratroopers !

I have been busy like many getting family stuff ready for Christmas and tidying up after the Lakonian Plains Battle. But in the background painting continues …….

First up the 2nd New Hampshire Regiment, my Continentals had been falling behind the British so time to get them catching up. Characteristic light blue jackets, I have tried to mix and match the trousers a little so they aren’t to regular. The flag is temporary as I their official flags are in the post. Mostly Perry plastics but a few Foundry metal command figures thrown in to give a nice mix. The only other thing of note is when I came to basing them I realised I had painted 25 rather than the 24 so one base has five figures, it also adds a little variety
Next some Saracen archers from gripping beast. Mainly earthy colours, I guess these can really play as any Eastern European tribal archers, nice to get these done as I bought them cheap in a sale about 5 years ago ! It shows I do get round to things in the end
In the same vein I have had these Fallschrimjager mortar crew sat in a box for lots of years so it was about time they got painted up. Lovely crusader miniatures which I think I picked up at a show ? The standing figure was just so I could match them with my other figures
Finally the weather has been very mixed recently and not photogenic, however we managed a walk last weekend which gave us some more interesting views. Here looking towards the Langdale Pikes.

Next up hopefully an ACW game and a remote game with Jon. More painting and I was hoping to put together a Christmas video if I get time.

Thanks for looking πŸ‘ Matt


30 comments:

  1. Splendid additions there Matt, but I do like the lovely landscape picture more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David landscapes are nice but completed unit s πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

      Delete
  2. A great mix of units there Matt and I really like the AWI one, as their light blue tops with the earthy brown trousers etc make for a fine look IMHO. Great photo at the end and good to see you've been able to get out and enjoy the great scenery near to you. Sadly it's been unremittingly cloudy and dull for over a week here:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, the weather generally has been pretty rubbish over the last few weeks so you have to grab the chance when you can πŸ‘

      Delete
  3. Very nice units, with such variety! Great photo of the lake. Looking forward to how the game played.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Math, you are cranking out the figures and units!. Great job! All look fantastic as does your rugged landscape.

    Yes, a game is set up on the table for a Sunday remote match-up between Great Britain and France. Italy 1806.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just trying to keep up with the ‘master’ πŸ‘ looking forward to Sunday

      Delete
  5. You’ve certainly been busy Matt…
    Splendid stuff all round… I do like the uniforms on the New Hampshire Regiment.
    Even on a bad day …the view on your walks is always going to look better than mine.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly…..actually on a bad day there isn’t much of a view at all as everybody knows it can be really grim….but those days are actually fairly rare πŸ‘

      Delete
  6. Splendid additions Matt and that fantastic scenic shot would not look out if place on a calender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil the Lake District is very photogenic πŸ‘

      Delete
  7. As someone who lives in New Hamsphire, I applaud your latest unit choice :) --and also your results! I must say that had I such vistas available to ramble about in, I don't think I'd get much painting done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ed they will look better when I get the proper flags. As for the landscape we are lucky here and surrounded by beauty πŸ™‚

      Delete
  8. Lovely AWI unit, I was surprised that Foundry blend so well with Perry, something for me to think about for extra character. Good work on the German helmets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm, the plastics are as usual with Perry slightly slimmer but height wise no issue at all and then add nice variety for the front row πŸ‘

      Delete
  9. A mixed collection there Matt, loving the AWI unit.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu I’m keeping the painting mojo alive t least

      Delete
  10. A fine assortment and I particularly like the Saracen archers and the colours you have used on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence described by GB as saracens although they feel more Eastern European ? Anyway a nice little unit πŸ˜€

      Delete
  11. Lovely looking continentals,archers and paratroopers, terrific terrain shot!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great range of figures Matt and the Lake District scenery is always beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith the figures I can take credit for the landscape is Mother Nature of courseπŸ‘

      Delete
  13. Nice Continental unit, blue yet a different shade will add variety to the tabletop. Re FJ mortar you can never have enough fire support, the crew look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I am using a mixture of the Perry guide you get with the figures and the black powder supplement as my main source colour schemes. I suspect in the field the majority looked pretty dirty and brown but the guides have a wonderful range of vibrant colours only gradually changing to the later dark blue continental uniform.

      Delete