Friday 21 October 2022

Persian Cavalry and destroyed Bus ?

An odd combination but I am cracking on with various hobby projects helped by the fairly wet weather. Enthused by the recent Persian game I have pulled my finger out and completed another unit of Persian light cavalry (truth is they were part painted ages ago).

This is my fourth and probably final unit of  Wargames Factory cavalry, not the best but they look ok as a unit. I may seek some more Persian cavalry but will look for alternatives. I may look at some of the Victrix figures but will have to replace all the javelins etc as the break too easily ! Some nice Wargames Foundry would be nice perhaps secondhand ? If I’m lucky
After our last Sealion game I remembered I had a couple of spare buses and thought as a fun interlude I would turn one into a crash/blown version of an East Kent Bus. I also fixed up the two large craters I picked up a while ago in York. The craters just needed to be fixed onto round bases and blended in with some quick drying filler. The bus got hit several times with a hammer ! Then painted as it was originally white๐Ÿค“
Thanks as always for popping by ๐Ÿ˜€


24 comments:

  1. Always good to finish a partially painted unit Matt, as I know from experience! Love the crashed bus in the crater too:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve , part of my inner butterfly means I always have several units on the go :)

      Delete
  2. How great is that bus. note I am writing this sitting up, sore but not unbearable at moment and better than lying down. Also I have lost 1/2 stone in 10 days by lying down and mainly eating sausage rolls. Healthy living may be overrated:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin , good news on the shoulder, not convinced on the sausage roll diet but if it works ๐Ÿ‘

      Delete
  3. Nowt like a cracking game to raise the enthusiasm for on going projects. Great bus vignette a reminder I need more ephemera for my 20mm WWII games.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A splendid wreck of an omnibus there Matt! The Persian cavalry are well up to snuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice piece along with the archers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matt, that bus vignette is fab! Great looking Persian cav too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matt, I like both of these pieces of work. I know you are not a fan of the Wargames factory figures, but that looks a cracking unit and the undercuts of the figure look like they really help to guide the brush.

    Like the bus, that glass has been cleverly fractured (I know that is quite hard to get right).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm, I now have four of the Wargames factory units and if/when I go for more I will look for variety. They have painted up ok. On the bus you are giving me too much credit for the bus I really did just take it into the garage and hit it several times with a hammer ๐Ÿ˜€

      Delete
  8. Great stuff Matt, good luck weaving them into the same game :-)
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Stu …..haha you’re right it will be hard to get them on the table at the same time ๐Ÿค”

      Delete
  9. A great terrain piece, and lovely work on the Persians. We are getting close to Foundry's Christmas sale I'd guess, which makes them look even more attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If agree with Norm, Matt, I think the Wargames Factory cavalry look as good as any others...but I know I am in the minority in thinking Foundry are overrated and over priced! Look forward to the next Seeelowe scenario, with the bus playing a prominent role!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith, I quite like variety so 4 units of the Wargames Factory is enough I’ll be on the look out for something different ?

      Delete
  11. Persian cav look great, Matt! I thought they were Victrix at first. Nice battle terrain too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely looking toys Matt…
    There is indeed nothing more satisfying than hitting a bus several times with a hammer… ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜‚

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete