Thursday 9 March 2023

Mediterranean Terrain and the Dungeon of shame !

Regular viewers will have seen my previous building conversions to save on storage space using a couple of my Russian buildings and stopping the thatched roof for tiles. When I purchased the tiles I picked up 3 sheets so have a few more. This time I picked out the easy candidates from my generic ‘arabic/desert’ buildings.

Mainly smaller buildings with flattish roofs, the water tower I thought would make and interesting feature
After a few (not too many) hours with glue here are the results. The top of the tower just sits inside.the water tower thing was a pain as it is hard to cut the sheet obliquely across the tiles. I also built the little roadside shrine. All painted to match the other buildings. This is a big saving on terrain storage and it has me thinking about other possibilities
Here they are set up on the table for our next CoC battle (played yesterday) very happy with the effect, I think all I need now is a ‘gateway’ to match the tiled walls and a few smaller lean-to type buildings.
Following other’s example the dungeon of shame, First thing i notice is I don’t have as much stuff as some others ! Anyway
By the dungeon window, figure storage and the lead pile (not quite all of it 🙂)
The table is 8x4 underneath mainly figure storage, file boxes and 15mm,10mm collections
From the other side more figures, there isn’t any space under the table as boxes and double stacked, terrain overflowing around the edge of the table 😢
Books are vaguely separated into rules, uniform/painting guides, campaigns /history….but I’m not really that organised. It is insanely difficult to keep the surfaces tidy 
More general books , battlefield guides etc
Terrain and more terrain, in RUB so they can be moved about fairly easily when I want a bigger battlefield space. It looks much tidier when the green curtains are pulled across !
Terrain mainly trees, some games and magazines although I am clearing these out slowly. There is more stuff I can get rid of to create more space for figures when needed 😃 No sagging shelves and no figure boxes piled to the ceiling yet !

Finally as my leg gradually improves and the weather while cold has been nice as well as cycling we managed to get out for a short walk on the edge of the hills. My muse is well wrapped up as even the gentle breeze was pretty cold.

Thanks as always for checking in, we played the next CoC Sicily game which I will post in a day or so

Matt 🙂


22 comments:

  1. The alternate roofing is a really great idea and certainly does the job! Nice to see the dungeon, warts and all. A man cave, ideal for wargames, and one to be proud of too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, I’m certainly happy with the tiled roofing they have worked out well. I guess it is my dungeon 😀

      Delete
  2. Good work on your latest construction projects. With all of the terrain we see out on display on your gaming table, I am surprised you don’t have many more boxes of terrain stacked everywhere. Beautiful Sicily setup and outdoor landscape scenery. Snowing here again…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon….strangely whilst it is snowing nearly everywhere in the UK currently none at all in Penrith ?

      Delete
  3. Splendid work on the building adaptations. You certainly have a lot of stuff, I showed my wife to show that I have very little despite what she may think. I got a quick rebuff "but at least Matt's is tidy" you can't win can you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil…….’very little’ really ? I’m not sure my wife really understands how much stuff is actually essential !

      Delete
  4. Neat roof idea, I do like those tiles and the big impact they make for a relatively small investment …. Are they from Wills? Or are they specials as I note the ridge tile seems to be fixed on one side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm Green Stuff World plastic card sheets. The ridge tiles are simply a thin strip cut and glued on where the two sheet join. That is why I struggled with the ‘round’ roof as I couldnt get the join neat enough so had to use normal card board to cover the join.

      Delete
  5. More lovely buildings Matt and a brilliantly effective idea. The roof swaps really make them look entirely different, as with your previous batch. Your hobby area looks much neater than mine. But then so does everyone else's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence…..if I’m tidy then you may need some professional help ?

      Delete
  6. Lovely work on those roof swaps Matt, which is such a simple idea and beautifully executed. Your man cave certainly does seem packed wall to ceiling to me. I'm not sure what my collection would look like all in one place as it's spread all over the house and attic. Probably best not to dwell on that for the moment...

    I'm amazed you haven't snow (maybe you have by now) and lovely to see some sunny weather there as it's been pretty overcast for a few weeks now:(.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve I’ve realised that if I had thought at the time I would have made all the building duel purpose, but for some it won’t work. I think I might have a couple more? Still no snow which is a shame really 🙁

      Delete
  7. Cool terrain conversions. Nice idea.
    I’m not gonna show my hobby storage bc it’s all in the back of the garage where it’s dark and too many spiders. But yours was fun to see. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool roofs. You do have a lot of stuff, like the rest of us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks….but I am convinced I don’t actually have that much !

      Delete
  9. Lovely work on the buildings Matt...
    A fine cluttered dungeon.

    All the best Aly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Impressive terrain conversions and hobby collection as well, Matt. I may have mentioned this before but there's a group here who routinely play CoC. They have been playing a Stalingrad campaign for the last few months.

    ReplyDelete