Tuesday 31 October 2023

Some more French Infantry……

As my approach is always paint what you feel like these french infantry came to the top of the list. I should probably be doing some more British but they can wait.
They are mainly Warlord late french in greatcoats with early heads from their early french infantry. They will either play as Legere for which they have the appropriate flag, or perhaps part of a reserve guard brigade 🤔
As I have quite a lot of metal command figures I have bulked the unit up to 30 figures, I do have more of the long plume heads so when I can pick up a further sprue of the infantry cheap enough I will probably do another base to make them up to 36.
When I do get another six figures they will have the option to split down into two smaller battalions

I do have another battle to blog up in the next few days and the painting is continuing

Matt😀

29 comments:

  1. Great looking voltigeurs, Matt. The colorful plumes are really eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean I have gone a bit ‘off piste’ with the colours but I found them in a book and they look nice

      Delete
  2. I like the greatcoats-look on Napoleonics. Just makes for a weathered veteran feel to the unit. Good stuff Matt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A balance to the white….and easier to paint for sure

      Delete
  3. Lovely job, mine were washed yesterday, ready to prime. I’m hoping those greatcoats give me a speed boost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm great coats generally a bit easier although not massively

      Delete
  4. Weird Blog happenings (Halloween related?) as the photos don't show until you click on them! Very strange yet they did show up earlier. Anyway, superb work and I always feel greatcoat wearing troops always look like they mean business. A simple way to show elite troops or at least so in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea on the pictures not something I have noticed Steve. Good chance these with appear as elites I think

      Delete
  5. Super result, Matt! 36 figure battalions is quite old School. I remember my first Airfix French Napoleonics had 36 figure battalions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha old school……British are General 24 and the french generally slightly larger.

      Delete
  6. These are very cool looking Frenchies, Matt - but prioritising them ahead of the British, I ask you - what are you thinking, man?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith, I am trying to balance Brits and French for the peninsular but rumour has it the Russians are massing a huge force in the east ! So I don’t feel to guilty, it also allows me to widen the range of french troops I collect. But next up some redcoats 🙂

      Delete
  7. Very nice indeed Matt…
    Always go for the prettiest 😁.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly….the plumes are pretty random but as you say pretty 👍

      Delete
  8. Excellent looking big French unit!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete