Had a bit more free time this weekend and managed to finish off the De Gernon lion rampant retinue, so here are a couple of quick photos showing the second unit of Sarjents, these being armed with spears instead of hand weapons. No difference in the game but allows some differentiation between units. Once again I have used the Battle flag shield transfers.
Second shot of the completed retinue at this stage. In the front two units of sarjents with Ranulf himself. In the back a small unit of Men at arms on foot, Mounted men at arms and a unit of crossbows. 24 points, I have tried to give them an overall feel using red as a colour to unify although no individual figures are the same.
The project started at Christmas (see earlier blogs) so I have to be happy with the progress. Of course there is more to do and the pipeline includes a unit of mounted sarjents, another unit of spearmen and a unit of archers/bidowers. these are all made just waiting in the painting que. I also plan to paint a couple of bits to allow this to be converted into a Saga warband. Ranulf also had a run out this Friday so will blog again soon