Sunday 29 November 2015

Battleground : the lead Haul

Had a great time at Battleground yesterday, I think this is my third show of the year so I am not quite a junkie. It is only a medium sized show but plenty going on and good parking. I had a list but it wouldn't be fun if I was too strict and with 4 weeks to Christmas a couple of things will be put under the tree. Some really nice games on show although as the show is only 10 to 3 it didn't look to me like many were going to finish, chatted to a lot of people and hopefully made some new friends.


Lots of stuff here which given time will appear on the blog. Quite a bit for VBCW including some Firemen from Ironclad, and some artillery. Warbases took quite a bit of my money and they were very nice giving me the pre-order deal even though I hadn't pre-ordered. Always worth asking ...... From the bring and buy I picked up some Front Rank Medieval knights to build a later medieval lion rampant retinue, some greek archers (Essex Minatures) from Colonel Bills who also purchased from me unwanted (only due to scale) Greeks and persians. A grand day out as they say......

8 comments:

  1. Good to meet you Matt, I think we should get together for a battle sometime. Nice haul - I went a bought some of the Ironclad telegraph boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep will keep in touch, after I have finished some companion cavalry on the painting table, I will set to on the Firemen and the VBCW artillery.

      Delete
  2. Nice haul, Matt. You certainly got more opportunity to see the show than I did ... I was involved in one of the two Old West games all day (helping out) and when the game finished the majority of everyone else had packed up. Still, I had a good day. I just don't know whether the show was a success or not for everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a really good day, sorry I hadn't realised you were there otherwise would have made a special effort to say hi, I did have a brief look at the Old West games I always think it is great the effort put in and we were discussing in the car whether we should think about putting a game on next year?

      Delete
    2. Had a really good day, sorry I hadn't realised you were there otherwise would have made a special effort to say hi, I did have a brief look at the Old West games I always think it is great the effort put in and we were discussing in the car whether we should think about putting a game on next year?

      Delete
    3. No worries. In truth, I struggled to steal the opportunity to meet the few people I know who were there. One of them being on the next table to where I was all day.

      Delete