Wednesday 1 April 2020

10th North Lincolnshire Foot AWI; SYW and an ACW taster

A bit of a catch up post this evening, work is relentless and apart from being at home doesn’t seem to have settled down. I have managed to keep hobby  things moving though.

First up my next British AWI unit the 10th North Lincolnshire Foot.
Perry miniatures, went for dark blue over trousers for variety a slightly smaller unit of twenty which feels a good basic size.
Next up some diminutive Austrian Artillery for the SYW, the packs come with 6 crew which feels a little too crowded so I have a couple spare
With all the doom and gloom I was looking to cheer myself up and found this book on ebay to keep me occupied, decent simple maps and army lists for the major battles when we get everything painted

Finally I have been running a remote/solo ACW battle over the last few evenings, having provided Steve with a basic map of the battlefield he was able to give high level orders to each of his Federal Brigades. Information has then been fed back as the battle has developed this mainly being in telescope views of key parts of the battlefield. Oh the fog of war...... the battle is progressing well and full on at the moment so I won’t spoil the position, but will post a battle report when it is resolved.
Rebels advancing in the distance
Union Forces moving to stop them.

Hoping you are all well 👍

27 comments:

  1. Hey. Work is mental isn't it. The battle looks good. Currently fighting a wild west shoot out on line with players from Canada, usa, Kent and Guisborough.
    My 10mm Austrians got nominated for best in show in the painting chalenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good stuff would be nice if things would quieten down but hey ho......

      Delete
  2. I like the blue trousers on the AWI Brits. Some of my FIW British wear blue trousers but none on my AWI Brits.

    Your solo ACW battle sounds interesting. I hope to see more. I have done similar in the past and enjoyed it.

    You are remaining busy on all fronts, it seems. What about cycling? I am confined to a trainer in the garage for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan yes no spare time......the weather is at least just starting to turn and I ventured out of the garage yesterday cool but dry and incredibly quiet roads which was nice. More to come as it warms up hopefully as we are still allowed one outdoor exercise under the current lockdown regime

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal 👍hope you are keeping well

      Delete
  4. Splendid additions, Matt. Your telescope views are inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, think it is making it hard for the Federals.......

      Delete
  5. Very nice... AWI was my first ever collection, if this goes on much longer and I clear my backlog you never know it could be back on the agenda.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just felt like a project I wanted to do after seeing some lovely battles in WI a while ago. Just takes time........

      Delete
  6. A nice mix of items, look forward to the ACW game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping to get to a conclusion before the weekend ?

      Delete
  7. Great looking British troops - and SYW crews and book too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean managing to keep things moving👍

      Delete
  8. Well done, splendid presentation and figures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bizarrely I seem to be working harder at home, not what I imagined! Anyway delighted to see that you've managed to get these down - lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really like some more time off......but I am managing to keep projects moving forward

      Delete
  10. Good book find there! Nice little chaps with guns too. Look forward to seeing how the ACW game goes along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book gives some nice simplified scenarios for the major battles and some nice simplified army lists. I now have 4 AWI completed and another prepped ready to paint. The battle does have a bit of eye candy so will share when finished

      Delete
  11. Good idea with the blue trousers. And I do like the telescope view of the battlefield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray the ACW game is now finished so the aar will be up soon 👍

      Delete
  12. Great looking AWI! I’m still gearing up for own revolution.
    Fun idea for the ACW. I wonder how you worked out the nuts snd bolts but can wait for all to be revealed in the AAR. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely looking AWI troops, nice artillery and intriguing ACW game!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great painting, I like the 'telescope pictures!

    ReplyDelete