Thursday 30 April 2020

Crossbows and new Recruits for the SYW

Quick update.......in a butterfly moment I decided the crossbows has been so good in the last battle I should paint some more. Luckily I had a blister of Crusader miniatures Normans who I picked up ages ago second hand. The beauty of painting these is they are mainly chainmail so only took a couple of evenings. This is a good job as I have plenty more on the go and in preparation.


....and as I have finished all my SYW stuff I put in a new order and look what the postman brought me today
This is more than enough to get the SYW to a respectable stage.....

No views today as the weather has changed to showery.......I could share a photo of the fence/gate I replaced on my day off/lockdown holiday but that would pretty boring. Back on the bike tomorrow hopefully....thanks for looking.

21 comments:

  1. Nice job Matt, more diddymen tooπŸ”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, yes enough little fellows to keep me going well beyond lockdown !

      Delete
  2. Excellent crossbowmen and a very respectable pile of loot!
    I was out on the bike the last three days but today is overcast and quite windy. Back in the garage on the trainer for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan managed another good day out today and the weather held just about 10 degrees C wind no more than 10 mph. Looking forward to getting some painting done though πŸ‘

      Delete
  3. marvellous, I've bought some Huns from Gripping Beast in their flash sale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huns indeed.......last thing I need is a sale .

      Delete
  4. More Little People I see, just at my age!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ Nice crossbow chaps though too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David. I would be lying if I said they weren’t a bit fiddly but not as bad as you might think a different approach

      Delete
  5. Great looking crossbowmen Matt, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh shiny! I think I need a treat like that - it's good for the soul, the only problem is that with lockdown I will never be able to get it past Mrs. Awdry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is my toys arrive in very small packets and my wife’s seem to be huge and far more expensive !

      Delete
  7. Lovely looking bunch of useful crossbow men! Always nice to receive some reinforcements!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain......I have a few now so am thinking a couple of units πŸ‘

      Delete
  8. Good job on the crossbow men, those should keep you going for a while Matt.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes the little men/SYW is a long term project.

      Delete
  9. Great looking crossbows, Matt. Nice bags of goodies, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean.........more metal for the mountain πŸ™‚

      Delete
  10. This will help you immensely when you are trying to buy a bow. Here is a summary of the basic features and crossbow terminology. Ravin R10 crossbow

    ReplyDelete