Tuesday 6 August 2024

Weekly painting update and some Claymore pictures

Another busy week mainly up in Edinburgh clearing out my Fathers house (amazing how much stuff a small bungalow can store) I took the opportunity to visit Claymore but first some completed painting since I got back.

I found this very old plastic jeep in a box when tidying up, when I measured it against my other jeep it is pretty much 28mm scale. So a simple paint scheme, the driver is made of bits from other plastic figures
Next up a unit of ‘Bengal’ Lancers, these are foundry figures which are nice but unfortunately have very small horses, I guess I’ll class them as mountain ponies ? I have given them a generic paint scheme to use in Back of beyond games with my British force.

Next up just a few pictures from Claymore as I mentioned I was in Edinburgh anyway so a visit to the show was a must. It did seem smaller than a few years ago but pretty well attended, nice though to talk to fellow wargamers.
As always a few games catch the eye ! A beautiful star fort
With town ……
and some nice WW2
This being my favorite with beautiful buildings and terrain.

Sadly the flea Market was pretty poor perhaps everybody choosing to sell on eBay ?
And in fact I didn’t buy a great deal, but enough to feel like I had supported a couple of traders who had made the effort. The large French cavalry figures was won in the raffle 🙂
Finally a couple more shots of the Lake District as I know some people like to see them, looking south towards Windermere
And north towards Ullswater this was a very hot day !

That’s it for now two games planned in later in the week and I’ve been working on some French Guard infantry 😀

Thanks as always Matt


12 comments:

  1. Nice Post, ill try and remember those cheap plastic open blitz trucks next time I see you. Off to Scarborough for a few days to play some Sudan stuff. Ill organise a game when back. You can test out my new room. May get a few over and we can play a big 7yw game

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely star fort and other terrain, I like your Bengal cavalry, there is a fair bit of variation with Foundry, I got some Austrian grenadiers who are tiny! I wouldn't mind if they were line infantry or Grenzers but 5' tall grenadiers do look a little odd? Good luck with your dads place, there were a few of us to clear my dads and it was only down the road but it still took ages!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, the little jeep looks great and the Foundry lancers have turned out really well and some more stunning views of the Lake District.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on the jeep and lancers Matt, and the Claymore photos look fantastic....my favourite is definitely the town scene....fantastic....and the views of the Lake District are beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A couple of fine additions there, a modest haul from Claymore too. Topped off by some more outstanding scenic shots

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful looking WWII game, as is the one with the star fort but it looks almost too perfect in that I'd feel I was messing it up by moving figures around. Lovely work on the jeep and the lancers, and a nice win in the raffle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work on the jeep and Lancers, which reminds me I have some 10mm ones somewhere in the lead pile. Nice photos from the show and always good to see the local coutnryside to you when the weather is sunny:)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work and thank you for a show photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grand new additions to the ranks and nice to see some Claymore photos. We 'some people' stuck indoors mostly appreciate the lovely landscapes you share!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You’re keeping yourself very busy! Once again, stunning landscapes. Nice win in the raffle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love a good find and being able to bring it to the table top. Claymore looks great.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice additions to your various collections Matt…
    Claymore has always been a good show…Unfortunately it has been many years since I have been up in Edinburgh when it’s on…
    The Lake District always looks lovely.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete