Saturday 5 December 2020

Weekend Painting update

 Despite work and other enjoyable distraction (wife’s Birthday) it hasn’t been a bad week for painting. 

Some gabion baskets, these are Rendra, with some added gravel and some very simply dry brushing
Here they are in place around one of my AWI guns for scale, I have left them unbiased at the moment for flexibility
This pioneer wagon was picked up ages ago and it came to the top of the pile when I had a big tipsy up creating some more storage. Again a very simple paint job, although it got some rudimentary camo to differentiate it from my other Hanomags. It has a range of possible weapons but I left the anti-tank gun to give (as if they ever needed it) the Germans the option for some mobile anti tank capacity. It is a warlord model picked up second hand and it comes with some spare crew which is great so these will drop into the other Hano’s
Some may be interested to see the scale variation, here it is against one of my other Rubicon machines. They work ok together but the Rubicon is fractionally smaller all around. I have three now and I will only be getting any more if they come up very cheap at some future show.
Next up I managed a rare thing a bargain on eBay ! With Wargames Foundry putting their prices up to £14 these were considerably less and will allow me to mix and match into the next couple of American infantry units
Finally for now another Prussian Fusilier regiment Prince Heinrich Von Prussia No 34 from memory in their Sulphur yellow uniforms. I now need to knuckle down and get some Austrian infantry done.

Another virtual game planned this weekend so hopefully more soon. Take care all 👍



27 comments:

  1. You managed all of this work in a week? That is very impressive, Matt, and all nicely done. Your fusiliers look especially nice. Looking forward to this weekend’s game to see what is in store for the colonials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite some of course was part painted, but the baskets were really quick.

      Delete
  2. Very nice work Matt and a real pot pourri of projects there. Looking forward to seeing your Austrians at some point, hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see the Austrians on the battlefield but I need a few more yet !

      Delete
  3. great stuff, I've got a virtual game this weekend with the 7YW stuff. Speak soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing them, in discussion with JF he pointed me back to the osprey rules Hours of war so am having another read through them. They are actually not far from where we were going anyway

      Delete
  4. Great looking projects, Matt. Best wishes to your loved one's birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work all round, though I like the unbiased gabbions myself😉 Got to love a bargain any time though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hate the typo edit function which seems to randomly change words , anyway more stuff to come 👍

      Delete
  6. Great looking (and useful!) gabbions...and splendid vehicles Matt! And to finish, most impressive details on these Prussians, wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fine additions Matt. Variety is the spice of life.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Phil I find it keeps my mojo going to swop from one thing to another 👍

      Delete
  8. Nice job! 😀. Sounds like a busy week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew just keep going is my moto 👍

      Delete
  9. Lovely mixed bag and like David I like the unbiased gabbions!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spell checker is a pain as my typing is not accurate enough , but thanks anyway 👍

      Delete
  10. A very nice selection of different bits n pieces Matt - my favourite would be the halftrack but its all good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir, the half track is lovely I do hope I can get it on the table soon

      Delete
  11. A lovely mix of toys Matt...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice varied ‘portfolio’. Very well executed.

    I painted the same fusileer unit back in my teenage days (chunky Minifigs era) only mine came out looking like ‘boiled sweets’ in one club members memorable phrase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking. They certainly are colourful luckily these Pendraken figures are well sculpted for 10 mm and take the paint pretty well 👍

      Delete