Sunday 25 December 2022

Just three words

The children (grown up !) have opened their stockings and we wait for the feast which is Christmas dinner. Who knows I might even get some presents later too ?

Anyway a few hardy folk have attempted my impenetrable quiz and requested some additional clues so here we are….rest assured I do not believe people are that interested in my future projects so hope nobody has wasted too much time on the quiz. In fact in a classic wargamer butterfly moment I have even started a second mini project in the last week but more of that in another post.

Questions
1. British ground forces commander in Norway May 1940
2. First major battle in the Anglo-Zulu war
3. The last English king to die in battle
4. The victory which cost Sir John Moore his life
5. First name of the Major General who lost his life leading the assault at Ciudad Rodrigo
6. American General who captured fort Ticonderoga 1775
7. Battle which saw Burnsides futile frontal assault on Confederates in 1862
8. Nelsons most famous victory
9. Greek Persian battle 490BC
10. Battle where English longbows rules the day 1415
11. Bravest of the Brave
12. Fredericks inconclusive victory may 1757
13. The most hotly contested American landing beach Normandy1944
14. Muslim rules area of Iberian Peninsular upto to 1492 (two word answer)
15. Major and very bloody Union defeat in Georgia
16. British commanding officer at Bunker Hill
17. Crimean battle 14 September 1854
18. Famous Parliamentarian victory in Northamptonshire 1645
19. Anglo-Saxon king January 1066

CLUES
The letters to the answers are spell the words  AIRCRAFTMAN POACHING

There are three words in the answer

The following tank will form part of the project



Please don’t take this too seriously but have a great Christmas 👍

Matt


11 comments:

  1. Matt - being given the anagram and seeing the vehicle has made it …… harder! :-) I think I have one of the three words based on the colour of the Crusader, but the other two words elude me.

    Enjoy your Christmas dinner - cheers.

    EDIT - I have looked some more and now I am even doubting that I have one word right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m pretty sure I have the answer. Absolutely delighted as I’ve thoroughly enjoyed our own miniature adventures in that theatre 🙂
    Oddly though, I do not own one of those tanks?!
    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do anagrams, crosswords etc...too lazy I guess! The tank looks like an early to mid war British cruiser of some type so my guess would be Libya or Middle East....but I am happy to wait till you reveal all 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly my mind is abuzz with Rum & Nog at this festive time, so apart from wishing you & your family Merry Christmas, will need to wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mind is foggy with COVID, which emerged around 4pm on Christmas day, so I too will look forward to the answer in due course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going with Crusader, that's my story & I am sticking to it. Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got it. Have couple of vehicles for that and nothing else. Stig has tonnes of stuff and Dave has gone full on rogue heroes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't be bothered with clues, anagrams etc, I have paint to watch drying. Look forward to seeing the whatever and mini-whatever, no doubt they will be well up to snuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still no closer but a classic tank and one that I've loved since getting the Airfix kit all those years ago! At least I know the theatre now...

    ReplyDelete