Saturday 18 August 2018

Encouraging the young and packing for a holiday

Somewhere in the last few weeks I entertained a friend from work with his young son, they played my hobbit game a while ago and I had promised them a return trip. This time I had set up another slightly larger LOTR game it’s link to the book and films seems to hit the right balance for youngsters. My aim being purely to spark his enthusiasm for the hobby.
I umpired while they fought it out with 30 or so points each side, just enough to make it feel bigger than a skirmish
With hardly any ‘fiddling’ they had a close game
And despite the warg riders Gondor just won through 
What was really great was a couple of weeks later my friend sent me the picture above of the terrain they have built since they came and them playing with their collection bravo I say.
As for my holiday, I have packed a toothbrush, my bike oh yes and a little army of grey figures to keep me busy 😀

11 comments:

  1. Your friend has got a good set-up going there with his lad. You obviously pressed the right buttons to inspire. enjoy your hols.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Particularly nice to see them getting more involved 🙂

      Delete
  2. For a LoTR, do you use the GW rules or something else?
    Nice job passing the love of miniature gaming along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We currently tend to use Lion Rampant or its variation Dragon Rampant, they are simp,y and easy to adapt to LOTR allowing for trolls, wargs etc . We have used GW in the past and there is no problem with them 🙂

      Delete
  3. Nice bit of missionary work! How many of the grey chaps will you finish on your hols?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, didn’t get them all finished, managed the Union Cavalry and the Crusader peasants 🙂

      Delete
  4. Thanks Martin will be in touch soon 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete