Monday 29 April 2019

Al Andalus and the real objective of the Germans in Operation Sealion 🀭

This weeks unit is another for my Al Andalus collection, to balance up the recent additions to the Arabs some Christian infantry.
These were picked up second hand with some others and I have sorted them to some extent into those with mail and those without. I have also mixed round and tear shaped shields to signify these are not just ‘Normans’. In terms of casts they are quite old and a bit ropy early Gripping Beast I think as they come with fixed shields. But they are acceptable. The flag was a bit tricky but works nicely from LBMS.

Now why did the Germans thing about invading Britain.....
Well this can play as either an objective or simply as pretty terrain. I have picked up a couple of similar vehicles of eBay recently.
Corgi die cast 1:50 scale so quite large but here is a comparison shot with the recently acquired Armadillo.....technically also a Bedford truck and a Warlord 1:56 , they work well enough. Sadly they don’t seem to make a Shepherd Neame truck which would be a bit more geographically correct. I have picked up another truck which if I don’t like the colour I might repaint πŸ€” the riddles truck is such a lovely colour I’m keeping it.

15 comments:

  1. Very nice additions Matt, the Ruddles van is superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael ...I can’t claim anything other than hard earned cash for the Ruddles Van but it does look nice

      Delete
  2. Neat additions Matt, great van will add to the set up admirably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel it will find its way on to a battlefield soon

      Delete
  3. cool, do like a nice pint of ruddles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy seeing a new addition to your Reconquista project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan few more units in the que

      Delete
  5. Both vehicles are superb, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking Ruddles truck and the shields on your Christian look ace,I like the flag too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain....shields are a bit rough in reality but ok at a distance πŸ™‚

      Delete
  7. A nice new medieval unit there Matt. The die cast is fine too, after all 28mm figures are not a scale but a size, so if it looks ok to you then it's right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David.....I do fear my collection is growing beyond my storage capacity πŸ€”

      Delete