Tuesday 2 April 2019

Limbering Up : ACW

These are the second half of the ACW limbers I painted a few months ago. I had bought them as a set of 4 then with the addition of some extra plastic limbers made them into 6 actual units. These are the galloping versions which if necessary will be used as light artillery units. The ‘light’ guns have been based separately for flexibility and I still need to do some extra crew which will be individually based  again for flexibility.
At some point I will try and pick up some more seated crews, not sure where from though so if anybody knows ?
Here are all six of the limbers finished.......nice to look at and of course adding a lot to any battlefield. Bit of a pain to paint and base etc.......interestingly painting them in two batches means the horse colours have developed. Pretty sure they only had dark horses, but I have allowed myself a little licence.

Thanks for looking πŸ˜€

19 comments:

  1. they look great. Col bill sells passengers for carts inc acw rebels and union, I'm using them on my home made limbers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin.........have checked out Col Bill’s and they will do next time I get to a show πŸ™‚

      Delete
  2. Six limbers and teams is a big task in 28mm. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did split the task otherwise yes it is too many horses to paint in one go πŸ™‚

      Delete
  3. Excellent additions to the collection Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done Matt...
    I must say that this is a job I would not relish...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly.......not sure why but limbers are a challenge, I did split the task in two and probabaly won’t be doing any more for a while πŸ™‚

      Delete
  5. Great looking limbers! Nice range of horse colours,don't look that bad without the chaps sitting on the , gives a bit of variation!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain......some are modelled as standing and parked up but I would like a couple more crew for variety πŸ™‚

      Delete
  6. Nicely done. Limbers are great looking on the table but like most everyone else, I find them a chore to paint. Kinda depends on the rules being used on how necessary they are. πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew seems we all agree limbers are a chore....but it’s nice when they are done

      Delete