Wednesday 20 December 2023

Christmas greetings and bonus Review 2023

Well we have reached that time of year again, celebrations too much food and some more soldiers under the tree (this year I have ensured improved presents by being clear with my son what I wanted !) more of that later. Also a time to do a bit of reviewing.

First up and knowing a number of you enjoy some mental stimulation my Christmas card to my fellow bloggers and wargamers. There is no prize 🎁 but knowing the highly competitive nature of many of you, feel free to tell everybody how many of the tanks you were able to name without looking them up. All of these were seen during our summer holiday to the Netherlands.

Secondly some eye candy…..shared of course in the spirit our of blogging community. I have pulled together a shortish video of the majority of the games played in the dungeon this year. It really is just eye candy so if that isn’t your thing skip downwards. Both videos run about three and a half minutes so possibly just time for a cup of tea or coffee ?


Thirdly and I know I have mentioned this many times I don’t keep a tally or record of stuff I paint, which is purely for my own pleasure and to develop my ongoing projects. However, this year as I was sifting the photos for the above I thought I would drop into one folder all the pictures of the stuff I have painted and shared on the blog. This meant I could very quickly pull them into a video. Again shared hopefully in the spirit of our community, again feel free to skip…..and no I haven’t counted them 👍


Lastly then I hope you all have a very happy Holiday, Christmas or celebration, which ever is your want. I hope you get some more soldiers I know I am 😀 I will see you on the other side to discuss new projects for 2024 I’m already getting excited.

Thanks as always for your kind words, support and the pleasure this virtual community bring.

Matt


37 comments:

  1. Some fine lunchtime reading and viewing Matt you have had an extremely productive year there. All the best for Christmas and 2024, onward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot about the quiz, concur with Norm, except no. 3 is a T15 perhaps? and the last one a Valentine?

      Delete
    2. Thanks Phil hope you have a good Christmas and perhaps a few more french in the new year 👍

      Delete
  2. Thanks Matt, the videos show just how productive your 2023 has been. Always a lovely table, but I think my two faves were The Peach Orchard and Norway 1940.

    Like your good self, I know I have stuff for Christmas Day …. I made sure of that :-) so I also look forward to that.

    Your Quiz, here is my stab in order from left to right;

    Renault 17 ?
    Panther (don’t know which AUSF)
    Not sure - some kind of Hotchkiss - I know I have that wrong!
    Grant / Lee
    T34 - 85
    Sherman A3
    Hetzer
    Stug IIIg
    Churchill AVRE
    Archer
    Comet
    Crusader A13 (or A9).

    Best Wishes for Christmas and thanks for blog support and also for sharing so much of your own stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt, you certainly staged and hosted so many wonderful games in 2023. I was lucky to play in a fair number of them. Thank you for a great gaming year. On the painting front, you have been no less productive. Amazing quantity and quality of units trooping across your painting desk.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon more to come in the new year 👍

      Delete
  4. Such a fantadtic year! SUperb videos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Phil, I have a few ideas for videos but I always seem to be too busy perhaps in the new year I will try and pull a few more together 👍 thanks for your support

      Delete
  5. Some beautiful games this year and lovely troops off the painting table. Your tables are always a source of inspiration. Merry Christmas Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence when I looked back at the photos I was quietly happy that the games are the kind of games I want to play 👍

      Delete
  6. You certainly had a grand year in the Dungeon! Let's hope 2024 will top this year and then some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support David another year and another new project 👍 for 2024

      Delete
  7. Happy Christmas Matt! Are those tanks different from each other then?😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you spotted it they are all different 🫣

      Delete
  8. You have been very busy Matt…
    Lots of cool games and nice toys… And I liked the music.

    The quiz…
    What Norm said… but a Vickers IV (I think) not a Hotchkiss.
    And a Valentine not a Crusader…
    Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vickers, yes I should have got that I have three of the little blighters for the 1940 project.

      Delete
  9. Some fantastic battles, my fav was Leignitz, fastest ever advance and 1st volley. Not that I'm biased, got 5 of the tanks. See you in the new year, all the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin I can’t remember a battle I didn’t enjoy 😀

      Delete
  10. What a great review Matt and wishing you and yours a very Merry Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve as I get older it helps me remember what I have been doing during the year 👍

      Delete
  11. That was fun and lots to like. I was trying to work out which of the battles I would have liked to be a player in. Tough choices. Perhaps Badon.
    Merry Christmas,
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Stephen…..I guess I have an advantage there as I played in them all 😀 not sure where you are located but if you are passing the Lake District let me know 🙂

      Delete
  12. Matt, your video treats were a clever way to show productivity and planning both lead to success in 2023 . So much more entertaining than a list of statistics. Both video shows get a rewatch today. Merry Merry Christmas, thanks for all the support on the blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe for your kind words and support 😀

      Delete
  13. A great presentation Matt. I got 10 tanks, the last two stumped me. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George see you in the new year 👍

      Delete
  14. That's weird, I am sure I commented here last night...my count was 9...the other 3 I could have a stab at but without any certainty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you did too Keith but never mind 👍

      Delete
  15. Merry Christmas Matt! My guesses of the list > FT17, Panther, Vickers, Grant, T34/85, Sherman, Hetzer, Sturmgeshutz, Churchill AVRE?, dunno, Cromwell, Valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A wonderful watch, some great games this year.... looking forward to seeing what 2024 brings.
    Happy new year to you and yours.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  17. Being clear with family is definitely the way to get what you want. Mine never ask and just guess so I always get random stuff. Even the gift cards are from companies I never heard of.

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew…it worked 👍 happy new year

      Delete